Let's face it, by the time you get thru the front door in the afternoon, the beauty of your entryway may not be high on your priority list. Most of us only have two things on our minds at the end of the day; what am I eating and where are my yoga pants! I'll be the first to admit that when people walk into my house, the first thing they might notice is the contents of my car (at least I bring things in eventually!) and my shoe collection. No way to say welcome to my home like a shoe pile... ?
It's cliché but it's true; first impressions are very important. Having an inviting and visually pleasing space to welcome guest into your home is a much better impression than piles of stuff that makes you look like a hoarder. No one wants to describe their style as "Hoarder Chic" so let's talk about those entryways, people! If you have a front door than you can carve out a space for some pretties and some practical storage.
To help you, we have 5 different decor collections for polished entryways depending on your favorite style!
I love the bright colors in this "Do it Anyway" painting found on Minted and this console that is perfectly midcentury!
- Atom 5 Pendant- Nuevo
- Empire Tile Rug- Anthropologie
- Mid-Century Console-West Elm
- Allied Brass Free Stanging Coat Rack- Overstock.com
- Do It Anyway Painting- Minted
If you are a fan of botanicals like I am, then you will love the Etsy shop Lettered and Lined. They create every type of botanical print imaginable! I also like the simplicity of this rustic bench.
- Bergman Chandelier-Mr Brown
- Vintage Mabelle Silver Area Rug- All Modern
- Principle Bench-CB2
- Lark Manor Mulhouse Basket- All Modern
- Botanical Prints- Lettered and Lined (Etsy)
This piece by If You Give a Girl a Saw makes this collection. The antler hook shown is from All Modern, but I also love this collection of safari hooks from Anthropologie!
- Sheepskin Rug- World Market
- John Vogel Trestle- West Elm
- Turn of the Century Antler Hook Coat Rack- All Modern
- Giant Aloe- Wayfair
- Wall Hanging- If You Give a Girl a Saw
- Halcyon Accent Table Lamp- Circa Lighting
Society 6, where this Elk print is from, has such fun and quirky prints. If you haven't checked this site out, they have everything you could ever dream of!
- Catamarca Rug- Anthropologie
- Hayward Console Table-All Modern
- Lace Rattan Light- Milly and Eugene
- Un Deux Trois- Rifle Paper co
- Crane Art- Rifle Paper Co
- La Maison Plaque- Anthropologie
- Mid-Century Coat Tree- West Elm
I hope these gave you some ideas for how to make your house instantly feel warm and open! Let us know if you have any favorite entryway items that have made your space!